www.ajollyhaven.blogspot.com

Packing up.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
These 2 weeks i have been real busy packing.
I thought i have a lot of clothes, shoes and bags only.
I didn't realise til recently that i have A LOT of other things as well.
All the not-frequently-used/can-do-without-it items adds up to a mountain tall.
Then i started to think: "do i really need all these?" and "why did i buy it?"
Buyer's remorse. Sighs.
That day i came across this in an article:
"It is not how much we can buy. It is how little we need to survive."
Guilt.

In actual fact, i don't think i spend a lot. I can save more than half of what i earn every month after all the fixed and variable expenses.
I choose what i buy. I can find prettier and cheaper substitutes rather than spending and splurging in Topshop/F21/RiverIsland etc.
I go for buys when they're on sale.
Im not a cheapo, but if the price difference of a "New Arrival" and the same item 6 months later is 30% off, why not wait?
I pampers myself with sumptious buffet occasionally, and they don't cost more than $50!!

Fact is, i am a Financial Planner. Of course i plan for myself! I want to gain financial independence as early as possible, and not fretting over Mr $. Im all ready to start my mid-life and retirement planning. I don't want to be splurging like craze now and at the age of 45 starts whining about having no money for children, for holiday, for retirement and stuff.
Point is, im already spending very little. At least i am, comparing with the peers around my age. I don't club. I don't splurge on shoes or clothing that cost 3 or 4 digits. No pedi or Mani.

I don't know what's with all the above rants. What has all these got to do with house moving at the end of the month anyway? Ok. Shall spend way lesser than already am. Decide if i need it or want it. If it's a want, put it back and walk off. Yes that's what im gonna do. More of it. I don't want to start blogging about this similar matter again when one day i start packing to move out of housy when i get married.

Back to packing...

♥ Blogging in A Jolly Haven @ 5:08 pm





Audrey Ng.

Need advice or have queries on Wealth Accumulation and Life Protection??

Drop me an email me at audrey.ng@manulife.com.sg

Click here! --> Manulife Financial


To do.

Put Braces on 28th Sept '09
Learn driving Dec 2009
Get driving license by 2010
Shanghai Convention
Vienna Convention 2011


Tagboard.



Links
ake blog.
ake webbie.
ah pok.
ashley.
candy.
daneng.
fangyu.
felicia.
hafiz.
hazel.
izzah.
jia en.
jiehui.
jing ming.
jessica.
kenrick.
lil'gavin.
lee ping.
mi.
pearlynn.
sherlynn.
silvia.
simone.
szeling.
wee Jin.
wen hao.
xiao xuan.
yani.
yan wen.
yiting.
yuting.
zhenyu.

bryan wong.
david tao.
fann wong.
fan wen qing.
felicia chin.
joanne peh.
mark lee.
mr brown.
quan yifeng.


Archives